Testing Testing, 1-2-3

 A little  HELLO WORLD test run post. 

Hm. I am avoiding doing more work. 

✎✎✎

    There's an interesting tip on the internet for people who are afraid of using a blank sketchbook. 

    This might sound completely silly to people who have never had a truly marvelous sketchbook (or notebook? Or some equal equivalent of something lovely and unruined?), but it's a very real fear. You get this Thing created for the sole purpose of you putting your mark on it, and you can't help but feel the looming sense of dread that whatever you mark up on the Thing will inherently ruin it.

    I have a beautiful watercolor sketchbook made for the sole purpose of watercolor. I've done 2 drawings in it and immediately became so mortified of the horrifying visage of the child I'd created, that much like Dr. Frankenstein, I've completely abandoned it. 

    Anyways.

    The tip goes, when you get a sketchbook, just doodle. Just make the first page as intentionally bad or unintentionally bad as you can possible bring yourself to make it. Color it all one color. Just use ballpoint pen. Go nuts with a Posca marker.

     "Give yourself permission to be bad."

    So that's this post.

    It's only as long as it is so I can see what a long post looks like. 

    Hi Hunter 👋 if you're reading this, I still love you, even though you're making me learn blog design. 

    

      

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sobriety from League of Legends

To Wills, On Grief